Have you ever wondered how your business looks like to someone else? If men and women have such different views on things, that they got traced to Mars and Venus, how different are your ideal clients' views of you and your business from let's say, yours?
If either of us had a penny for every time we had to say "that is not what I meant" to our mates - I think we'd be both millionaires, right? But you don't get a chance to say that to your prospect. And the worst thing is you will never even know what their view was. If they don't click with what you say, they will just disappear.
1) You’re doing all the same things your competition is doing
If you’re looking at the competitor and thinking that if you could just do what they are doing you’d be set, you’ve got another thing coming. For sure, the easiest thing to do is to model someone who has already done it and add your unique twist to it, but if you’re looking to create big impression on the market and leave your competition in a dust, you need to broaden your horizons, discover hyper-effective and proven strategies that will give you an edge but your competition is not using, and leverage that as much as you possibly can.
2) You have a false sense of security that just because you paid to have a website and SEO done you’ve got the “marketing covered”.
- When in reality, having the website online and the SEO are great first steps to getting visitors online, but what happens with the visitors once they get to your website?
- Can you catch and hold their attention pass the first 3-8 seconds
- Do you clearly communicate to them what makes you different from all the rest of the websites offering the same thing (ATTENTION: “having a x years of experience”, “offering comprehensive solutions”, “number one priority is to provide the best products and services to our clients” and similar phrases DO NOT count. Check your competition and you will see that they use the same phrases on their website!)
- Do you have a good enough reason for someone to reach out to you - do you think that or they think that?
- Is your visitor being led automatically and strategically to the next step or are they left to their own devices to browse around and get overwhelmed
All it takes is a new way of looking at things.
3) You feel like the only thing you can do is to sit and wait
The only thing worse than not liking what you can do is not having a choice at all. All too often small business owners feel they’re doing the best they can and that means “all that can be done”, but could not be further from the truth. Yes, they may feel that like that is all, but what about the things you don’t know that you don’t know? Generating leads online is a strategic and systematic thing. If you know the steps, and you do them right, you will generate leads.
So if you’re not getting all the leads and sales you want, you need to look at the business from a different angle and voile! Suddenly, there is a whole new world out there.
All it takes is a new way of looking at it.